Monday, September 1, 2008

Making prims

We learned to make objects during the June 13th class.


You can see that I made a cube and inserted a photograph of a class we had on the sides. It was easy to do right from within the second life interface. Then came:

Most of my classmates seemed to get how to make a gift box, but I was lost.

Second Life video tutorials


I was not going to let the gift box get me down so I spent several hours in Second Life looking for a house and furniture. I found the house and had a grand time getting it in place. I could not figure out how to make the door slide in....aaargh. What is Esme my teacher doing in Second Life at 11 pm at night? Oh this is addicting...


Finally it is done as the sun sets. And I go in and relax...


I wanted to learn to make clothes so I used creating your world to help me design a CCV shirt and load it to Second Life. It was harder than I thought and actually has no shading...It was made with Photoshop. I got the template and instructions here.



Prims comes from the word primitive which are the building block shapes that all second life objects are made from.

No comments: