Saturday, October 4, 2008

Road Trip!



This week we took another "road trip" in SL to various sims. Esme had us all board these "chairs" that she had the power to bring us all along on like an amusement park ride. It was very fascinating. And I have to comment on the fact that even in virtual reality when I am living vicariously through an avatar, when I am dangling in "space" without terra firma below I feel a bit queasy. Interesting.





Our first stop on this trip was to Imagination Island where the way to travel around is via the Magic Bubble Teleporter. This sim contains some awesome projects which include: the Mythiea Library full of digital books on mythology and fairy tales, the Castle of Dreams where you can find recommended children's books with summaries, Rachelville an imagination area created from the mind of a seven-year-old who was undergoing treatment for Leukemia. I visited several areas: a merry-go-round, the Grief center, and I went underwater!





Our next stop was Ohio State University Medical School's Testis sim. This amazing sim brought me through a 3-dimensional model of a testis! Once I got to see up close and personal a seminfeous tubule for sperm production I thought that this platform had some seriously amazing education value!


Then we went to the Pothealer's Adventure on Numbukulla Island. This is an adventure/role play sim where the user finds clues and hidden stuff in order to solve a mystery. This sim takes some time to get all the way through.


<

Our last stop was the Louvre...which in fact did not contain art from the Paris museum's collection, but was an interesting mix of art of various mediums.

No comments: